New Delhi, News24 Bureau, March 9: On Saturday Prime Minister Narendra Modi hit out hard against all who were sceptic about the valour of the Indian soldiers and were questioning their brave act. PM was addressing a public meeting in Greater Noida on Saturday. Here are the main 10 highlights of his speech:
1. PM Modi hit out at those seeking proof of India's air strike in Balakot, Pakistan.
2. PM Modi slammed the previous Congress government for its handling of terror incidents post-26/11 Mumbai attack.
3. Addressing a public meeting in Greater Noida, Modi said the corrupt are opposing and abusing him in order to get votes.
4. Modi, who became prime minister in 2014, said today India works on 'nayi reeti, nayi neeti' (new methods, new policies), asserting that after the terror attack in Uri (J-K) in 2016, the country for the "first time taught terrorists a lesson in a language they understand" with surgical strikes.
5. "Is it okay for you (the people) to have a government that does nothing?," he asked the gathering of thousands.
6. "After Uri, proofs were sought. Our soldiers did something that has never happened before. Our soldiers struck terrorists inside their home. Terrorists and their guardians had not expected such action. They thought if India once did a surgical strike, they would again do something similar. So they had deployed forces along the border, but we went by air this time," Modi said.
7. He said after the pre-dawn air strike on February 24, India was quietly monitoring the situation and it was Pakistan which started "crying" around 5.00 am that "Modi has hit us".
8. "They were thinking they can keep wounding India, wage attacks, proxy wars and India would not respond. The reason that enemies of India had this thought was (because of ) the attitude of the 'remote-controlled' government prior to 2014. That is why they (enemies) could nurture this attitude," said PM Modi
9. He said some politicians are making controversial statements which elicit applause in Pakistan and asked the people to identify such persons and decide if they want to trust them or not.
10. "Aaj har bhrasht ko Modi se kasht hai (Today every corrupt has a problem with Modi). There is a competition among them to abuse this chowkidar (watchman), they think abusing me will get them votes," Modi said.
There was huge applause to all questions posed by PM Modi.