ShivaniLAST UPDATED: Sept. 16, 2020, 3:10 p.m.
New Delhi: The byword for World Ozone Day 2020 is “Ozone for Life” and this year points 35 years of worldwide Ozone Layer Protection.
Significance of World Ozone Day:
Every year, September 16 is praised as World Ozone Day across the world to remind individuals about the exhaustion of the Ozone layer and its effect on life. The trademark of the day, "Ozone forever", is kept to help the significance to remember Ozone shield for the presence of life on Earth.
What is Ozone Layer?
The Ozone layer is a fragile layer of gas in the Earth's stratosphere that ingests a large portion of the Sun's bright beams and other destructive beams as these beams can cause various skin sicknesses like waterfalls and skin malignancy.
In 1976, it was discovered that the synthetic substances delivered by industry, basically chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs), cause exhaustion of the ozone layer, and consumption in the Ozone layer caused an expansion in UV radiation, which is a danger to life on Earth. This examination prompted to boycott the synthetics due to which ozone consumption was eased back whereas the Ozone layer is comprised of O3 gas which resembles a shield to an air that has high ozone fixations.
As the world is celebrating 35 years of International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer, #ozone day 2020 is trending on Twitter. Service of Housing and Urban Affairs tweeted, "India is guaranteeing the utilization of eco-accommodating, maintainable and creative answers for Transforming Urban Landscape. This World Ozone Day, let all of us promise to contribute each piece we can to 'secure the defender' of planet #Earth #OzoneDay #OzoneDay2020 #AatmaNirbharBharat".
Col Rajya Vardhan Rathore who is an individual from Parliament expressed, "Let not the persistence of climate wear ragged. Ozone shield is a characteristic umbrella that ensures the earth against unsafe UV radiation. CFC gases harm the shield. Being "Vocal for Local" is Ozone agreeable as lesser transportation involves lesser nitrous oxide transmitted."
Ways to Protect the Ozone Layer:
1. Maintain a strategic distance from the utilization of gases perilous to the ozone layer, because of their substance or assembling measure. Probably the most perilous gases are CFCs (chlorofluorocarbons), halogenated hydrocarbon, methyl bromide and nitrous oxide.
2. Limit the utilization of vehicles. The best vehicle alternative is metropolitan, bike, or strolling. In the event that you utilize a vehicle to an objective, attempt to carpool with others to diminish the utilization of vehicles so as to contaminate less and spare.
3. Try not to utilize cleaning items that are unsafe to nature and to us. Many cleaning items contain solvents and substances destructive, however you can supplant these hazardous substances with non-harmful items, for example, vinegar or bicarbonate.
4. Purchase nearby items. Along these lines, you get new items as well as you abstain from devouring food that has voyaged significant distances. As the more separation voyaged, the more nitrous oxide is delivered because of the medium used to move that item.
5. Keep up forced air systems, as their glitches cause CFC to escape into the climate