Tis the season to be jolly, falalalala lalalala! You've worked hard an entire year and so its time to reminisce and cheer!
If you're rejoicing with near and dear ones, then here are three unique drinks to serve during this festive season to make your parties truly exciting:
1 oz. Prunier VS Cognac
1 oz. Prunier orange liqueur
1/2 oz. lemon juice
1/2 oz. simple syrup
1 splash lime juice
1. Sugar half the rim of a cocktail glass.
2. Combine all ingredients with ice, shake, and strain into the glass.
1/2 oz. white rum
1 1/2 oz. golden rum
1 oz. dark rum
1/2 oz. 151-proof rum
1 oz. lime juice
1 tsp. pineapple juice
1 tsp. papaya juice
1 tsp. superfine sugar
1. Stir together all these ingredients except the 151 and pour into a 14-ounce glass three-fourths full of cracked ice.
2. Float the 151 as a lid by pouring it into a spoon and gently dipping it under the surface of the drink.
3. Then, if the spirit moves you, take a match to this mixture; it will burn.
4. Garnish with mint (either straight or dipped in lime juice and then superfine sugar) and/or fruit.
* Hot Toddy
2 oz. bourbon
1 oz. honey
4 dashes Tiki bitters
star anise tea bag
1. Boil one tea pot of water and steep a star anise tea bag inside. Set aside.
2. In a milk-steaming tin put bourbon, honey, lemon, and Tiki bitters.
3. In a pulsing fashion, steam cocktail base 4-6 times.
4. Pour cocktail base into glass mug. Serve with iced tea spoon and tea pot.