New Delhi, Nov 8: Since air Pollution is reaching alarming levels (it's in hazardous category) we should try to reduce our exposure and increase protection to avoid ill effects of Air Pollution.
Following are the ways to reduce your Exposure:
1. Suspend all your outdoor activities in early morning hours like running, jogging, cycling, gym and other sports. It is better to avoid all of the above from November to January, also you can check AQI at Sameer app and if It’s shows values lower than 300, than you can resume light activities and if it’s less than 200 healthy population can do all activities.
YOGA and other activities can be shifted to evening hours.
GYMs without any treatment or air purification system are more dangerous.
2. Don’t send your kids (less than 7 year old) to school if AQI is higher than 350; ask School to suspend all outdoor movement and only allow kids to move out in afternoon hours
3. Do not use aggarbatti for these 3 months better to use ghee lamp
4. Do not sweep/ mop in morning hours, it will re-suspend all settled particles in air, so better to use wet mopping that too with warm water and add a pinch of baking soda in it.
5. Walking directly on main road will lead to higher exposure so better walk on side lanes/ footpaths
6. Avoid burning anything in open or if someone is doing please raise an alarm or inform CPCB on their website