Sirsa, Aug 28: Security has been beefed up to prevent any untoward incident in Sirsa, hours before the pronouncement of quantum of sentence against convicted Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh today.
Though the exodus of Dera followers from the sect's headquarters in Sirsa started Saturday, several supporters of the self-styled godman are still present in and around the sprawling premises.
Here are the live updates so far in Haryana, Punjab, Delhi and Uttar Pradesh:
-Spl CBI judge Jagdeep Singh leaves from Panchkula, expected to reach Rohtak within 40 min. Court proceedings at Sonaria jail to begin at 2:30
- Haryana: Railway stations deserted in Karnal ahead of Ram Rahim Verdict, security on alert
- Family from Kaithal allege one of them hasn't returned home 3 yrs after going to Mumbai on cleanliness drive of Dera Sacha Sauda
-Flag march being conducted by police and Rapid Action Force in Barnala ahead of rape convict Dera Chief Ram Rahim Singh's sentencing
- Objectionable items were kept hidden in fields, interrogation underway: Navdeep Singh Virk, IGP Rohtak Range
-Have recovered around 100 objectionable items including batons from Sonipat's Bahalgarh Dera: Navdeep Singh Virk, IGP Rohtak Range
- Have multi-layered security to see ppl don't gather, or any untoward incident takes place:Navdeep Singh Virk, IGP Rohtak Range
-If any unidentified person tries to go near high security area at Sunaria jail complex, 'shoot at sight' can be implemented:IGP Rohtak Range
-23 Dera followers arrested in Punjab's Sangrur till now
-Hang rape convict Dera Sacha Sauda Chief Ram Rahim Singh, demand Sadhus in Uttar Pradesh's Varanasi.
- Security checks conducted in Haryana's Panchkula, had witnessed 32 deaths in violence after Ram Rahim Singh's conviction
-Ahead of Ram Rahim Singh's sentencing in Rohtak's Sunaria jail in Haryana, security tightened in Punjab: Visuals from Barnala Railway station
-Woman desiring to meet Ram Rahim Singh at Sunaria jail, arrested from Sunaria Outer bypass Naka 7 last night, sent to Jhajjar jail
-Security enhanced outside Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar's residence, ahead of rape convict Ram Rahim Singh's sentencing.
-Internet services have resumed in Chandigarh
-Security near Delhi-Haryana border near Singhu ahead of quantum of sentence for Dera Sacha Sauda chief Ram Rahim Singh
-We have ensured no Dera follower is allowed to enter the entire Rohtak district or move around jail: Navdeep Singh Virk, IGP Rohtak Range