At the 11th Civil Services Day PM narendra Modi spoke passionately while speaking to the civil services officers. Modi said that E-governance, M-governance, social media- these are good means to reach out to the people and for their benefits. He further added that earlier role of the government, from health care to wanting to set up an industry, was very strong. Things are changing since 15 years.
Here are the main highlights of his speech:
- Earlier, Government role from healthcare to wanting to set up an industry, was very strong. Things are changing since 15 years: PM Modi
- E-governance, M-governance, social media- these are good means to reach out to people and for their benefits: PM Modi
-People are now seeing alternatives. For example- it can be about a private airline or a private healthcare service: PM Narendra Modi
- Changing trends in the last 15-20 years have altered the dynamics. Competition can play a big role in bringing a qualitative change: PM Modi
- With changing times, a need may arise that we may have to change our working style. From regulator, we need to be an enabling entity: PM Modi
- With quantum jump in work must also come a qualitative change: PM on Civil Services Day
- Hierarchy remains an issue- this is something we inherited from colonial rulers and we did not leave that behind in Mussoorie: PM Modi to officers.
-Moving away from the time when government was everything, we are now in an era of competition.
-It's not the work load, it is the challenge that has risen.
-The sooner we change our working style, change our way of thinking, the better. The sooner we come out of our role of a regulator and develop as an enabling entity, the better
Stressing the importance of competition, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday said that with changing dynamics, the government needs to change its role from being a regulator to an enabler.