New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday addressed the country on the 16th edition of ‘Mann Ki Baat’.
Talking about the importance of ‘Khadi’, PM Modi congratulated Haryana for its social transformation.
Here are the highlights:
- We observed silence yesterday as a mark of respect towards our brave martyrs.
- If the entire nation observes silence every 30th January at 11 am, you can imagine the energy that single moment will generate.
- Sardar Patel said India's independence is in 'Khadi', India's civilization represents 'Khadi.’
- 'Khadi' has become a symbol. It has now become a center of interest of nation's youth.
- I was told that to fulfill this demand of Khadi from government departments, additional jobs of 18 lakh man days will be generated.
- On 30th January, martyrdom day of Bapu, I once again urge people to have at least 1 pair of Khadi in their wardrobe.
- The experiment of associating spinning wheel with solar energy has been a success.
- I congratulate Haryana for its social transformation.
- I want to express my greetings to Haryana, as there has been a rapid increase in birth rate of girl child in the state.
- You can now listen to Mann Ki Baat at any time on your mobile phones by giving a missed call on the number 8190881908.
- A lot is said in our country in the name of farmers, but I don't want to get involved in the controversy.
- The only way to provide relief to distressed farmers is crop insurance scheme.
- My dear country men, cleanliness is now being linked to beauty as well. Soon our railway stations will become identities of our traditions.
- It's a proud moment for us that India is hosting International fleet review 2016 at Visakhapatnam.
- At the eastern end of India, in Guwahati, there will be SAARC sports event.
- India has had a golden maritime history. We are divided by land boundaries, but sea unites us.