Now you can use WhatsApp without a mobile
WhatsApp has become an essential tool for communication in recent ties. Apart from giving out messages, you can also share photos and videos and even communicate through voice and video calls.
New Delhi, May 19: WhatsApp has become an essential tool for communication in recent ties. Apart from giving out messages, you can also share photos and videos and even communicate through voice and video calls.
Until now, you needed to have a mobile phone in order to use this popular app. But that is now no longer the case.
You can now use your landline number to access WhatsApp. But this will not be the regular WhatsApp app.
However, you can use your landline number to send WhatsApp texts once you download the WhatsApp business app.
If your wish to use this new feature, you will need to go through with the following steps.
1. Ensure that you have a working landline number.
2. Download the WhatsApp Business app (WA Business).
3. After installation, the app will ask for a phone number for OTP-based registration.
4. Select India code (+91) followed by the landline number with STD code.
5. After the number is sent, the WhatsApp Business app will send the OTP to you. You will not receive any SMS since it is a landline number. Wait for the OTP time to expire and then select ‘Call me’ for OTP verification.
6. You will get a call on your landline number with the OTP.
7. Insert the OTP and then follow through with the regular process of installing WhatsApp.
Using WhatsApp with a landline number could get difficult and cumbersom as you will have to add the contact list manually. But on the positive side, this process offers much better privacy.
Photo: Google Image