New Delhi: The Lodha panel today made several recommendations to improve state of affairs in Indian cricket. Following are the key recommendations of the eminent panel:
1. No BCCI office-bearer can be Minister or government servant.
2. No BCCI office-bearer can have more than two consecutive terms, says Lodha panel.
3. No BCCI office-bearer can hold office for more than 3 terms with the rider that there will be a cooling off after each term.
4. Ethics Officer will decide on conflict of interest.
5. One Association of each state will be full member and have the right to vote.
6. Lodha Committee recommends relegation of Railways, Services and Universities as Associate members. They also lose voting rights.
7. The Lodha panel recommends separate governing bodies for the IPL and BCCI.
8. Justice Lodha proposes limited autonomy for IPL Governing Council.
9. Lodha panel proposes the constitution and establishment of a players association.
10. It recommended a steering committee headed by former Home Secretary G K Pillai with Mohinder Amarnath, Diana Eduljee and Anil Kumble as members.
11. Lodha panel recommends legalisation of betting.