New Delhi: Winter calls for a hot cup of tea and fried snacks. But don't forget to dig into gooseberry, papaya and pomegranate to combat dry skin which the cold season brings along with it, says an expert.
Anju Majeed, Senior Scientist, Sami Labs, has shared a list of winter fruits that you and your skin can enjoy during winter season:
* Gooseberry: It is popularly known for its nutritional value, extensively used in natural cosmetic products. It helps in detoxification and acts as a blood purifier which makes skin look radiant and clear.
* Papaya: It is a fruit rich in Vitamin A and contains enzymes that exfoliate your skin to provide you a glowing complexion. It also helps as an anti-oxidant. The enzyme papain breaks down inactive proteins and eliminates dead skin cells. Papaya also works as a great skin-firming and anti-aging agent.
* Avocado: It is a fruit that is rich in proteins and Omega-9 fatty acids which are building blocks of healthy complexion and help the skin fight winter dryness from inside. It helps in retaining a soft and glowing skin. Vitamin E in avocodo prevents wrinkling while the fruit oil can be used as a natural moisturiser.
* Pomegranate: This fruit is a great rejuvenator with high power to regenerate skin. Pomegranates help clear pores, slow ageing and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. In winter, the skin expands due to the cold weather. This fruit will help in keeping the skin pores tight.
* Pineapple: It is a fruit that is considered as a storehouse of Vitamin C. Acne is another problem that is faced during winter, the pimples last longer and deeper as the pores are cracked leaving it open for dust particles to enter. Pineapple is an anti-oxidant for acne, fights blemishes, black marks, blackheads and purifies pores deeply which leaves skin clean and clear.
* Banana: This fruit contains potassium which hydrates and moisturises dehydrated skin with Vitamins E and C that promote glowing skin. It reduces the skin dullness during winter. It also helps in keeping the skin moisturised.
* Custard apple: This fruit has a combination of Vitimins A and C, which help in combating free radicials in the body. It works to keep skin moisturised and healthy. Custard apple works great as a natural scrub as well. Consuming custard apple juice on a regular basis stimulates the development of new cells in the layers of the skin. It also assists in healing of abrasion and cut.
* Kiwi: Kiwis contain large amounts of Vitamin C, which helps your body produce collagen, a connective tissue protein that helps firm the skin. Kiwi also contains Vitamin E, which keeps skin moisturised and glowing.
* Plum: It is a seasonal fruit of the winters and has Vitamins B and E, along with minerals like magnesium, iron, calcium and zinc. These help to purify body and to maintain skin's elasticity. It hydrates the body.