News24 survey: Delhi responds to Kejriwal govt's plan to re-implement odd-even scheme

New Delhi: With the Delhi government planning to re-introduce odd-even scheme, aimed at curbing air pollution in the national capital, News24-ISOMES directly reached out to Delhi residents to seek their suggestions on the implementation of second phase of the car-rationing scheme.

In its survey, News24-ISOMES asked as many as six questions to gather public opinion.

1. Should two-wheelers not be exempted from odd-even scheme?

32% respondents nodded in affirmation whereas 68% wanted the two-wheelers to ply on Delhi roads during the re-implementation odd-even scheme.

2. Should women be exempted?

48% people said yes while 52% denied exemption to women.

3. Did auto-taxi drivers overcharge during Jan 1-Jan 15 odd-even rule in Delhi?

To this, 44% respondents nodded in affirmation. Whereas 56% disagreed.

4. Will you plan to buy a new car if odd-even comes into force?

26% said yes, while remaining 74% agreed to abide by the rules and not to buy new cars.

5. Was Delhi govt's first phase of odd-even scheme effective? 81% believed that the odd-even was effective while only 19% disagreed.

6. Should odd-even be re-implemented in Delhi? 80% gave it a thumbs-up. Whereas only 20% didn't want the government to re-introduce it.

(Edited by Vinamra Gupta who can be reached at [email protected])