Prashant Dev, New Delhi: The Coronavirus outbreak has caused a huge crisis in more than 200 countries around the world including India.
In India, the government had imposed a nationwide lockdown in order to prevent the COVID-19 virus from spreading. Today is the 128th day of lockdown in India which was imposed on March 24.
Unlock-3.0 is being implemented in the country from today. Under Unlock-1.0 and Unlock-2.0, many public places including hotels, malls, religious places were opened with conditions all around the country.
According to the new guidelines issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs regarding Unlock-3, this time also no concessions have been allowed for the Containment Zones. However, areas outside the Containment Zones have been allowed further relaxations in a phased manner.
Several major changes have been made under Unlock-3. According to these guidelines, outdoor activities will be allowed to a large extent. As per the guidelines for Unlock-3, more activities have been allowed outside the Containment Zone, but schools, colleges, metro rail services, theaters and bars will remain closed till August 31. The ban on political and religious programs will also continue.
Let us take a look at the restrictions and relaxations during Unlock-3.
Relaxations during Unlock-3:
- Ban on the movement of persons during night (night curfew) has been lifted.
- Permission of opening of Yoga institutions and gyms from August 5, but with conditions. People will be able to go to these places by using masks and following social distance norms.
- Permission has been given to celebrate Independence Day celebrations while following social distance and maintaining health protocols.
- International air travel of passengers has been allowed in a limited way under the Vande Bharat Mission.
- There will be no restriction on the movement of persons and goods inside and outside state borders. Separate permission, approval or e-permit will not be required for such activities.
Restrictions during Unlock-3:
- Metro rail, cinema halls, swimming pools, amusement parks, theaters, bars, auditoriums and assembly halls will continue to remain closed.
- Schools, colleges and coaching institutes have been closed till August 31.
- Social, political, sports, entertainment, educational, cultural, religious work and other big programs will continue to be banned.
- Lockdown will be strictly enforced in the Containment Zones till August 31.
- Activities in the Containment Zones will be monitored strictly by the state and union territory authorities. In these areas, guidelines related to prevention measures will be strictly implemented.
- Vulnerable individuals, ie people over 65 years of age, people with co-morbidities, pregnant women, and children under 10 years of age are advised to stay home. They are permitted to leave their homes only to meet essential needs and for medical purposes.