New Delhi, News24 Bureau, May 23: All scepticism regarding Prime Minister Narendra Modi's popularity and acceptance is now put to rest. With this massive mandate for the prime minister, it is now clear that joblessness, agrarian distress, demonetisation were no issues for the voters of India and that the battery of young voters still repose their trust in Prime Minister Narendra Modi. This is a unique phenomenon, typical of the Indian democracy, wherein no one can predict what touches the voters' heart.That national pride is of supreme importance for the voters and even on hungry bellies they will embrace their love for the nation first and therefore the Balakot strike mattered so much for the voters in 2019.'Modi Tsunami' is now best called 'Modi Tsunamo'.What made PM Modi click once again? Here's a look at PM Narendra Modi's popular schemes which made him a darling of the masses, cutting across all caste class lines:1. Swachh Bharat Mission: India joined the cleaning mission wholeheartedly
It was a unique idea when the prime minister of the world's biggest democracy was seen wielding a broom and cleaning the streets.Swachh Bharat Abhiyan or Swachh Bharat Mission is a nation-wide campaign in India for the period 2014 to 2019 that aims to clean up the streets, roads and infrastructure of India's cities, towns, and rural areas.
2. Mann ki Baat made PM Modi an endearing statesman
The USP of Mann Ki Baat was that the prime minister of the country was talking to everyone, especially the poor and humble. This struck a chord with the common man who always felt neglected.Mann Ki Baat is an Indian programme hosted by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in which he addresses the people of the nation on All India Radio, DD National and DD News.In its previous episodes, he has covered issues of social, national as well as an international implication: the education of the girl child, tackling exam stress, climate change and drug menace.In the very first episode of the programme, he had urged citizens to use at least one khadi product, saying it would help poor weavers.
3. Make in India, FDI, Startup India and Mudra Yojna clicked with youthThis initiative of PM Modi endeared him with the youth and the new nearly 10 crore voters.The campaign was first announced by Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi during his 15 August 2015 address from the Red Fort, in New Delhi.The action plan of this initiative is based on the following three pillars:Simplification and Handholding, Funding Support and Incentives, Industry-Academia Partnership and Incubation.
4. Jan Dhan Yojna addressed the woes of the farmers and agrarian sector:
This was the best step taken by PM Narendra Modi for the farmers. The agrarian distress was one of the most dangerous issues for the Modi government as the farmer community in the country was in no mood to pardon them.Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana is financial inclusion program of Government of India which is applicable to 20 to 65 years age group, that aims to expand and make affordable access to financial services such as bank accounts, remittances, credit, insurance and pensions.Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, is financial inclusion program of Government of India which is applicable to 20 to 65 years age group, that aims to expand and make affordable access to financial services such as bank accounts, remittances, credit, insurance and pensions
5. Ujjwala Yogna made PM Modi a household name
This scheme made PM Modi endearing to the womenfolk, especially the rural women of India. Their plight was not paid any attention by any party, not even by their family members.Under the scheme, five crore LPG connections are to be provided to BPL households. The identification of eligible BPL families will be made in consultation with the State Governments and the Union Territories.
6. Ayushman Bharat told that PM Modi cares
Ayushman Bharat Yojana or Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana or National Health Protection Scheme is a centrally sponsored scheme launched in 2018, under the Ayushman Bharat Mission of MoHFW in India.
7. With Triple Talaq Bill he touched the heart of Muslim womenThis made PM Modi popular among Muslim women. This was a new bastion conquered by PM Modi. Once an untouchable in the Muslim community, this scheme made him a dear figure amid the Muslims.The passage of the triple talaq bill drew mixed reactions from Muslim bodies Thursday, with some terming it "very dangerous", while others welcoming it.
8. Yoga Day made Modi popular across the world Modi hit the bull's eye in two ways with 21st June becoming the Yoga Day. First, it made him popular across the world as it made him the brand ambassador of Yoga, the ancient art of India. Second, it also made him an endearing figure in India as well.Prime Minister himself leads all the yoga day programmes and ensures that all BJP leaders participate in this day with full zeal and fervour.
9. Digital India was for Young IndiaPM Narendra Modi declared in a clear term soon after becoming the Prime Minister that he will give preference to technology. And this he proved time and again. With the number of internet users growing by leaps and bounds, PM Modi knew the potential of Digital India.Many government schemes were introduced and the Government of India launched many websites which touched the lives of the common man.Digital India is a campaign launched by the Government of India in order to ensure the Government's services are made available to citizens electronically by improved online infrastructure and by increasing Internet connectivity or by making the country digitally empowered in the field of technology.
10.. Giving electricity and roads:The rural electrification programme gained momentum under the Modi-government and a number of villages, which were neglected for years, got electricity. this is a very big development in rural India and this scheme made PM Modi a popular face in villages. This made PM Modi very popular as although all earlier governments made tall promises, only the BJP government ensured that it actually happens.