New Delhi: With the second wave of coronavirus, countries have decided to have a second wave of lockdown too. If you're going through the same boredom again, and this time you are in no mood for a Dalgona coffee or ludo, try these crazy new ideas. These are all tested and terrific ways to beat the boredom in lockdown 2021.
1. Turn old postcards into cards. Just to say “Missing you”, “Remember this day last year” or other greetings. Get your cards from craft shops, The Range, The Works etc.
2. Start learning a new language to prepare for that next trip. There are many apps that are free online and they will teach you the language of your dreams.
3. Stencil and paint a favourite quote on to a boring wall.
4. When you’ve read and enjoyed a book, send it to a friend with an instruction to pass it on when read.
5. Bored with family video quizzes? Start a masterclass in something one of you can do well.
6. Using a lovely notebook, write freely for 10 minutes every morning. Record dreams, memories, thoughts.
7. Every time you visit a supermarket, buy a couple of ambient items for your local food collection.
8. Take your phone when you go for a walk. Aim to take a street name for every letter of the alphabet. It will help you get to know your neighbourhood.
9. Learn calligraphy, it is one of the most interesting and time-consuming things to do in this lockdown.
10. Organise a Zoom scavenger hunt.
11. Send games and jigsaws to a local homeless charity. Some residents have neither the money nor the resources to buy things to occupy their time.
12. Put together a family video for a relative celebrating a special birthday. It doesn’t have to be professional. In fact, it is more entertaining if it isn’t!
13. Treat yourself to a pedicure. Chemists are open so you can buy some pampering products for your feet.
14. When you are out for your daily walk, take photos of small things to document the changing face of nature.
15. Host a pyjama and jewellery Zoom party.