New Delhi: A beautifully painted home is a dream come true. Stepping back from the traditional color blocks millennials have now embraced the house paints in a subtle yet stylish way by literally giving life to walls.
Not just the walls but the ceilings too. Ideating the paints for the whole house is a herculean task. However, if you want to give a new lease of life to your homes, painting is inevitable.
Before embracing the idea, it is wise to calculate and make a rough assumption on how much you wish to spend on each room, the colors, the theme (if you have anything in mind) and do not forget to add the cost for texture price separately if you choose to paint one.
Here are a few key elements to consider for beautifully painting your rooms:
1. Pricing: Yes you read it right, pricing is very vital before we begin. Designs, textures, putty – an all-in-all price calculation gives us a fair idea of how much funds to be kept aside. Do not discount the wall putty price for ceilings in your math.
2. Evaluate your idea: The idea of painting a single room or the whole house or just a portion of the house or a newly renovated part is something you should evaluate well in advance.
3. Selecting Themes: The thematic painting refers to selecting different paint ideas basis the room. Example softer color for pooja room, bold schemas for the living room and cool catchy colors for the Master bedroom, dreamy themes for children room, etc. You can choose a single schema to run throughout the house or add a pop of creativity with themes.
4. The Living rooms: An exclusivity is what keeps our living room different from the entire house. It is also the place where we spend most of our time too, hence extra hardwork to look for wall textures that suit our taste and personality is important.
5. Choosing the right finish: While the pricing, themes, colors are one side of the coin, having the right finish is another side altogether. By finish we mean the wall paint finish, yes you have different finishes too along with different colors, different paints, and different pricing. Wall finishes range from Flat to eggshell, from a satin coat finish to glossy royal finish, etc.
6. The right paint in the right room: We recommend you go with the concept of the right paint for the right room, this way you can create a stunning living space and an exceptionally well lit ambiance.
7. Traditional designs: Another key to a beautifully painted home is the use of traditional designs in modern living spaces. Binding to our roots and finding inspirations from Rangoli designs on walls, traditional elephant contours, or a horse gallop art in Kid's room is something we can easily work on. Traditional art form painters can be easily found and can be hired for a day or two to give that silver lining to your home.
8. The right use of Pastels: Whether it is bright mustard or silky sea blue, the right blend of pastels will give us remarkable results. The use of pastels in an uncanny, quirky, and offbeat way is a new trend. Check the latest styles online to get insights.
Hope you got a clear vision on preparing yourself for painting the home and key attributes to focus on. Happy Painting!!