New Delhi, May 26: The soon to be launched Reliance Jio GigaFiber is all set to take the market by storm. The launch of this service by the telecom giant is expected to be almost as big as the launch of Reliance Jio which had turned the mobile services sector in India upside down.
The new GigaFiber is expected to be a versatile service as it will also accompany other Jio services like GigaTV in specific areas. With
With Jio already dominating the wireless broadband market, GigaFiber is expected to put a lot of other service providers in the shade.
In order to get a Reliance Jio GigaFiber subscription at present, subscribers have to shell out Rs 4,500 for the security deposit. Following this, the monthly rental is waived off, and for this much and the consumer gets 100GB of data per month. If this is exhausted, the consumer can get extra free data vouchers which will push the data offering of the box to 1,100GB.
There is also a Reliance Jio Triple Play Plan which will be a package of DTH, broadband and a landline connection. This feature will depend on the broadband connection for facilitating the TV and will eat into your 100GB data pack.
Jio will also offer the Home TV service which is likely to provide 600 channels over Internet Protocol TV (IPTV) to relay television channels.A hint about Jio's upcoming DTH service has been found in an online leak that talked about its Triple Play Plan subscription.
The Jio Home TV is expected to revolutionise the DTH and Cable TV industry in India as far as pricing and implementation is concerned.
Although Jio is yet to reveal too much information, here is a list of features you may expect.
1. A major difference from conventional DTH operators will be the manner in which Jio packages the new service. Instead of a standalone service, Jio Home TV is expected to be complimentary with every GigaFiber subscription as a part of the GigaFiber broadband service.
2. This new feature from Jio will be a major leap from the current technology of existing DTH operator. Instead of on conventional technology, Jio Home TV will be banking on IPTV service and will use Internet connection to stream TV channels. The fibre technology can support heavier loads and so it will be easier and cheaper for Jio to broadcast channels via its Internet connection.
3. A lot of additional features are expected over above that provided by conventional DTH services as Jio Home TV will be relying on internet connectivity to stream TV channels. Rumours suggest that Jio Home TV will let users make voice and video calls right from their TV.
4. It is rumoured that Jio Home TV will come at affordable rates. The Triple Play Plan expected to cost around Rs 600 will offer access to 600 TV channels.
5. As Jio has acquired stakes in Hathway and Den networks, the Jio Home TV could be launched with a robust support network.
Photo: Google Image