New Delhi: It is the largest non-nuclear bomb that world has ever seen. America used it for the first time in Afghanistan after producing it in 2003. The US military dropped it on an Islamic State tunnel complex in eastern Afghanistan onThursday, close to the Pakistani border.
What is Mother of All Bombs: 5 things that you need to know
1. The GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast (MOAB) is a 21,600-pound, GPS-guided explosive.
2. US has used this for the first time
3. The bomb was first tested in 2003. It has been developed by Albert Weimorts of the United States military.
4. It was manufactured only during Iraq war in 2003 after the tests.
5. Following US, Russia developed "Father of All Bombs". This is reported to be four times more powerful than US’ “Mother of All Bombs (MOAB)