New Delhi, July 22: As the Supreme Court refuses to hear the plea of the rebel MLAs of Karnataka, it is now more or less certain now that the final picture will emerge as Speaker assures Floor Test. So the hour is eagerly after all the mayhem in the state. Here are the LIVE updates:
-Karnataka assembly has been adjourned till 10 AM tomorrow.
-Karnataka Speaker KR Ramesh Kumar: By 6 PM tomorrow the floor test will be done.
-Siddaramaiah, Congress at Vidhana Soudha: Tomorrow we will finish the floor test, after some of our members speak. By 4 PM tomorrow we will finish discussion, by 6 PM we will finish the floor test.
-Speaker has served notice to rebel MLAs giving time till 11AM tomorrow. If you are disqualified, you can never be a member again. So come from Mumbai till 11 am tomorrow: DK Shivakumar, Congress
- BS Yeddyurappa, BJP in Vidhana Soudha: CM had promised that he will finish it (trust vote) today and prove the majority today. Now I've spoken to Sunil, the chief Whip, over finishing it today. We will be in the house till 12 am.
-- Speaker KR Ramesh Kumar holds a meeting with BJP leaders-Sunil Kumar, Basavaraj Bommai, CT Ravi & JDS leaders-Sa Ra Mahesh, HD Revanna, Bandeppa Kashempur, in his chamber at Vidhana Soudha, Bengaluru.
- Karnataka assembly has been adjourned briefly after uproar by JD(S)-Congress MLAs.
- Former CM and Congress leader Siddaramaiah says Speaker will take call on confidence motion.
- Congress MLA HK Patil at Vidhana Soudha: Let the Home Minister investigate about this again as everyone has seen how they were given zero traffic. MB Patil will have to gather more information and he has to find out who gave the permission.
- JD(S) MLA AT Ramaswamy walked out of the Vidhana Soudha following state home minister MB Patil's statement on zero traffic reportedly given to rebel MLAs. Ramaswamy had said, "If Home Minister is lying blatantly in front of the House, how can I stay here?
- Siddaramaiah, Congress: If the rebel MLAs come back then they will be with us. Rebels have told that they are not living comfortably, they could have stayed back here itself.
- Congress demands suspension of voting till MLAs resignation issue is sorted out
- Assembly adjourned till 3.30pm
- CM HD Kumaraswamy denies links to IMA Ponzi scam prime accused Mansoor Khan. A picture of the duo had gone viral on social media.
- BJP asks CM HD Kumaraswamy to resign as the confidence motion in the assembly dragged on for the third day.
- Speaker KR Ramesh Kumar asks BJP members to shorten their speeches on the confidence motion to enable him to conduct voting exercise at the end of the day.
- DK Shivakumar,Congress in Karnataka assembly: Why is the BJP not accepting it wants the chair? Why are they not accepting the fact that they are behind 'operation lotus'? They should accept that they have spoken to these (rebel) MLAs.
- Anand Murthy, an advocate, has filed PIL in Karnataka High Court, alleging that trust vote is being deliberately delayed.
- KarnatakaCrisis Live: #Karnataka Speaker KR Ramesh Kumar: I will have to pass a ruling today. I was delayed as I was checking the Supreme Court order.
- Bengaluru: Congress leader and State Minister DK Shivakumar arrives at Karnataka Assembly
Karnataka Speaker KR Ramesh Kumar tells India Today that the floor test will take place today. The Speaker said both the Congress and BJP wanted the floor test to take place today.
Ahead of the floor test of the Congress-JD(S) coalition government in Karnataka, security has been beefed up around the Vidhana Soudha. Adequate security has been deployed at Vidhana Soudha and Raj Bhavan road.
Both the BJP and the Congress leaders simultaneously held legislative party meetings in Bengaluru on Sunday.Also, ahead of the trust vote, the BJP is scheduled to convene another parliamentary party meeting today. BJP MLAs, who are lodged at Ramada Hotel, Bengaluru, were spotted performing Yoga today.
In an attempt to persuade rebel MLAs, Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy on Sunday appealed them to attend the Assembly Session and explain how the BJP allegedly sabotaged democratic edifice and "destroyed its sanctity".With Karnataka Assembly scheduled to take confidence motion on Monday, all eyes are now stuck on the proceedings of the day particularly in the backdrop of BJP alleging the Speaker KR Ramesh Kumar of dragging his feet on the floor test.
On Friday, the Assembly failed to meet two deadlines set by Governor Vajubhai Vala to complete the trust vote. After that, Chief Minister Kumaraswamy moved to Supreme Court challenging the Governor's directive to the government saying it was in violation of well-settled law laid down by the court.On the other hand, two independent Karnataka MLAs on Sunday moved the Supreme Court seeking a direction to conclude a floor test in the state Assembly on Monday before 5 pm.
With Agencies, Pic Google