New Delhi, Oct 30: An inspiration to millions, an aura of real freedom, a leader, a reformer, and a lady with exceptional political skills. She was called, "The Iron lady of India".
The nation remembers the former Prime Minister, Indira Gandhi on her death anniversary every year on 31st October. She was India’s first woman prime minister and served the country from 1966 to 1976 and from 1980 to 1984. She was an eminent figure of the Indian National Congress. A slew of reforms was introduced in India under her leadership.
On her 34th death anniversary, we bring to you ten of her very famous quotes.1. “You can't shake hands with a clenched fist.”
2. “Forgiveness is a virtue of the brave.”
3 "Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment. Full effort is full victory."
4. “Whenever you take a step forward, you are bound to disturb something.”
5. “A nation's strength ultimately consists in what it can do on its own and not in what it can borrow from other.”
6. "People tend to forget their duties but remember their rights."
7. "Where there is love there is life.”
8. “The power to question is the basis of all human progress.”
9. "You must learn to be still in the midst of activity and to be vibrantly alive in repose."
10. "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others."