Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has given great relief to the people of the state during the wedding season.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has ordered that the coronavirus guidelines must be strictly followed, but police or administrative permission is not required to conduct wedding ceremonies.
Along with this, CM Yogi Adityanath said that music bands in wedding ceremonies have also been exempted from the ban. The UP chief minister warned that he would not tolerate "harassment" in the name of the CoronaVirus Protocol and asked the authorities to prohibit the use of DJs and bands in marriages.
The Uttar Pradesh government on Monday issued new guidelines for organizing weddings and wedding ceremonies across the state. In its revised guidelines, the state government limited the number of people participating in the indoor event to only 100.
The UP government limited the use of open spaces to 40 percent of total capacity, mandating the use of hand sanitizers and masks.
Revised guidelines for wedding ceremonies in Uttar Pradesh:
- No marriages and social gatherings will be allowed in the cantonment zones.
- Only 100 people will be allowed to attend a wedding ceremony in a closed space.
- In the case of outdoor events, occupation of less than 40 percent of the people in the venue will be allowed.
- It is mandatory to use hand sanitizers, masks, thermal scanning and observe social distancing.
- There will be no restriction on DJs and wedding music bands.
- The state government also warned that it will take strict action and an FIRs will be lodged for violating COVID-19 guidelines.
"The threat of COVID-19 is far from over. Our scientists are making a lot of efforts to develop a vaccine under the guidance of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Yet we need to develop the vaccine and make every person One has to be cautious till given,'' CM Yogi Adityanath had said earlier.
Coronavirus in Uttar Pradesh:
According to information available in the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, the fatal COVID-19 infection has affected 5.33 lakh people while more than 7,600 people have died in Uttar Pradesh.
Meanwhile, more than 5 lakh cases of infections have been recovered in the state and the active number of coronavirus cases in Uttar Pradesh is 24,876.