Prime Minister Narendra Modi attended the Summit via video conferencing. Speaks about COVID-19 pandemic, relations with member nations.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on Thursday, attended the 18th ASEAN-India Summit via video conferencing. In his address, the Prime Minister spoke about the COVID-19 pandemic and relation of India with members countries.
Here are key takeaways from PM Modi's address at 18th ASEAN-India Summit
• The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic posed a lot of challenges for the member nations
• This challenging time was also a test of India-ASEAN friendship. Our mutual cooperation in the COVID era will keep strengthening our relations in future and form a base for goodwill between our people
• History is witness to the fact that India and ASEAN have had relations for thousands of years
• India-ASEAN relations are reflected in everything, including in our shared values, traditions, languages, scriptures, architecture, culture, food
• The unity and centrality of ASEAN has always remain a priority for India
• Partnership with ASEAN is a key pillar of India's Act East Policy
• In 2022, ASEAN-India partnership would complete 30 years. India will also complete 75 years of its independence. I am delighted that we will celebrate this important milestone as ASEAN-India Friendship Year.