New Delhi, July 29: Today is the first Monday of the holy month of Shravan and the devotees are thronging the Shiva temples to pay obeisance to the Lord. Here are 10 tips to follow while doing the SHiva puja in the Shravan, the month favourite to the lord:
1. Always visit his temple with a clean body and a clean mind.
2. If it's possible for you then you should wear suitable rudraksha bead, to gain more blessings from lord Shiva
3. Keep on repeating Maha Mrutunjay mantra as many time as possible. This is the incantation to deal with many diseases.
4. Apply a tilak of vibudhi or basm on the forehead when you are going temple.
5. Keep singing as "Om Namah Shivaya''continously in your route from your home to temple and back.
6. Always worship Lord Ganesha before praying to Lord Shiva. He is supposed to remove any obstacles in the course of prayer and blessings thereon.
7. Especially on Monday offer some milk and sweets made with the milk to the Lord.
8. Light a lamp or incent stick while doing puja.
9. If possible offer jilledu flowers for Shiva puja.
10. Offer 'bailpatra' on Shivling, as this is Lord's favoutite and while doing this we worship the trinity of Brahma, Vishnu, and Mahesh in the process.