New Delhi: There is chaos in South Delhi as nearly 200 students of Rani Jhansi Sarvodaya Kanya Vidyalaya were admitted to a hospital today morning after they started complaining of irritation in eyes and throat. They were admitted to nearby hospital after gas leakage from a container in Delhi's Tughlakabad:
Here is the sequence of events:
- Around 7.30 a call was received regarding chemical leakage at customs area of Tughlaqabad depot
- The depot is next to Rani Jhansi Sarvodaya Kanya Vidyalaya.
-Students started complaining complained of eye and neck irritation besides dizziness after the gas leaked at the nearby container depot.
-Of these many fainted
- Seventeen ambulances from the Centralised Accident and Trauma Services (CATS) were also rushed to the school.
- Students were taken to the nearby hospital
-Speaking to students and doctors, Deputy CM Sisodia said that the children were feeling normal.
-Around 200 children have been admitted to four hospitals for treatment. No one is serious. Situation is normal," Romil Baniya, Deputy Commissioner of Police, South-East, told ANI
-"Some chemical leakage at customs area of Tughlaqabad depot has caused eye irritation to the students in Rani Jhansi school," DCP(Southeast) Romil Baaniya said.
-The students are admitted to three hospitals.