Its no longer the case when getting married meant Actresses had to hang their boots and look elsewhere for fame. They aren't dated anymore.
However, these Bollywood beauties are not only breaking the barriers in terms of the parts they're getting in the industry, but also busting the myth that being married doesn't mean you've reached your expiry date as an actor...
* Kareena Kapoor Khan: Kareena's always maintained that she wants to be an actor for as long as she lives. She got hitched to her long-time love Saif Ali Khan in 2012, and didn't let that damper her career in B-Town. She has continued to do some really meaty parts such as in Heroine, Talaash, Ki & Ka and Udta Punjab.
* Aishwarya Rai Bachchan: Her portrayls in movies are just as stunning and noteworthy as is her beauty. After marrying into the first family of Bollywood, she continued to give successful portrayls in Jodha Akhbar, Sarkar Raj, Guzaarish and Jazbaa.
* Vidya Balan: Known for picking up the most unconventional roles in the industry, Vidya continued her streak of acting in women-oriented films after she married UTV's head honcho Siddharth Roy Kapur. Her recent role in Te3n had critics going gaga over her and are eagerly waiting to see her in Kahaani 2!
* Kajol: Kajol was the queen of mainstream cinema back in the '90s and after getting married to Ajay Devgn, she continued to rule the hearts of her fans with superhit films like Fanaa, My Name is Khan and We are Family. A mother of two, Kajol continues to rule the roost in mainstream cinema.
* Madhuri Dixit: She hasnt signed any meaty movies after marriage, but Madhuri Dixit Nene still knows how to turn heads and make men go weak in the knees. With her prowess in dancing, she's judged various dance reality shows, giving constructive feedback to contestants to make them better, episode after episode.