Five Interesting Facts about Tabu on her Birthday
Tabu, She was born as Tabassum Fatima Hashmi on November 4, 1971 to Jamal Hashmi and Rizwana Hashmi. She spent most of her childhood with her maternal grandparents, retired professors. Her mother was a school teacher. Her sister Farah was an actress in the 80s. Tabu is the niece of Shabana Azmi. On her birthday, here are 5 interesting facts about her:
* Tabu did her first film at the age of 9. In 1980, the actress made a small appearance in the film ‘Bazaar’.
* It took Shekhar Kapur 8 years to convince Tabu to do her debut film Prem.
* Famed writer Gulzar selected her for Maachis, which later changed the course of her career.
* It was the 90s and Tabu had signed the film Jeet a Sajid Nadiadwala Production and Sajid was mourning his first wife Divya Bharti’s death. This is when she and Sajid came close to each other. Initially, the two weren’t even disclosing their relationship because Sajid was still mourning Divya’s loss.
* Tabu was allegedly in a relationship with much married man Nagarjuna for almost a decade until 2012. They never came out in public, though.