New Delhi, Sep 5: Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday said he held "fruitful talks" with Chinese President Xi Jinping here on the sidelines of the BRICS Summit. Just after the meeting PM tweeted,"Met President Xi Jinping. We held fruitful talks on bilateral relations between India and China," indicating that the talks have been fruitful.
Both statesmen agreed that more will be done to avoid border disputes in future. These are the 10 points around which the discussions took place: 1. "One of the most important points made during the meeting was that peace and tranquility in the border areas was a prerequisite for the further development of ties," said Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar
2. Discussion constructive. Agreed at Astana that will not let differences become disputes, that was reaffirmed: FS Jaishankar on Modi-Xi meet
3. Counter terrorism issues were taken up during the course of BRICS, they were not discussed in this meeting: FS Jaishankar on Modi-Xi meet
4. Important point made during meeting was peace an tranquility in the border area is prerequisite for further development of relationship: MEA
5.There was a sense that if relationship is to go forward then peace & tranquility on border areas must be maintained: FS on Modi-Xi meet
6.Both of us know what happened this was not backward looking conversation it was forward looking: FS on if Doklam was raised in Modi-Xi meet
7. It was a major score for India as it scored a significant point on Monday as the BRICS nations, for the first time, named Pakistan-based groups like Lashkar-e-Taiba, Jaish-e-Mohammed and the Haqqani network and condemned their acts.
8. The government announced that New Delhi and Beijing had decided on "expeditious disengagement" of their border troops in the Doklam area.
9. A healthy and stable China-India relationship serves the interests of people in both countries: President Xi Jinping to PM Modi in Xiamen
10. India and China are each other's major neighbors, we are also two of the world's largest and emerging countries: Pres Xi to PM Modi.