Madrid: United States tennis icon Serena Williams has returned to the top of the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) singles rankings, released on Monday, with 7,010 points. And, guess what, Serena thanked her unborn baby for this.
"My Dearest Baby, You gave me the strength I didn't know I had. You taught me the true meaning of serenity and peace," the 35-year-old who owns 23 grand slam titles, she said on Instagram.
"I can't wait to meet you. I can't wait for you to join the players box next year," Serena added. "But most importantly, I am so happy to share being number one in the world with you... once again today. From the world's oldest number one to the world's youngest number one. - Your Mommy," was what a happy expecting Serena said after regaining top ranking.
The current WTA rankings and points are as follows:
1. Serena Williams (United States) 7,010 points.
2. Angelique Kerber (Germany) 6,925
3. Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic) 6,020
4. Dominika Cibulkova (Slovakia) 5,065
5. Simona Halep (Romania) 5,021
6. Garbine Muguruza (Spain) 4,691
7. Johanna Konta (Britain) 4,330
8. Agnieszka Radwanska (Poland) 4,205
9. Svetlana Kuznetsova (Russia) 4,025
10. Madison Keys (US) 3,857.