New Delhi: Flying cars are reality now. You can even book one now.A Dutch auto company has made flying cars commercially available for the first time.
The company,PAL-V, has come out with two models of flying cars-Liberty Sport and Liberty Pioneer. These are 3-wheeler, and two persons can sit in them. These cars can fly at the speed of 112 miles/hour on road or in air.
The price of Liberty Sport is priced at $400,000 (Rs 2.67 crore), while Liberty Pioneer comes for $600,000 (Rs 4 crore). Those who can't pay that amount in one go, can book it by giving a non-refundable deposit of $25,000 for the Pioneer, and $10,000 for the Sport.
1.In 10 minutes these cars can switch between drive and flight mode.
2. Liberty Pioneer will be delivered next year, followed by Sport
3.Owners must have a driving licence, Sports Pilot Certificate to use vehicles in both modes.
4.These cars fly at an altitude of 4000 feet
5. Both use a retractable rotor blade and a pair of engines
6. In full tank you can travel 310 miles
7. Give mileage of 13.5 km
8. 230hp, four-cylinder engine
9. Weight 680 kg
10 Made of carbon fibre, titanium and aluminum.
How company is selling it to consumers:
The firm has coined 3 USPs for its flying cars
1. 'The ultimate vehicle to go wherever and whenever you want to, easily overcoming all sorts of barriers.
2. 'Now you can leave home and fly-drive to almost any destination! Avoid traffic jams and cross lakes, rivers or mountain ranges like an eagle.
3. 'Land on the other side and drive in your own vehicle to your final destination.'