Have a look at Bollywood stars who created a sensation when they first arrived only to vanish from the scene soon after:
1. Parveen Babi: She was the glamour goddess who redefined sexuality. But she mysteriously disappeared from the scene in the mid-eighties at the height of her career.
2. Mandakini: Raj Kapoor's 'Ram Teri Ganga Maili' made her a huge star. But after reports of her links with underworld don Dawood Ibrahim started doing the rounds, she suddenly dissapeared from the scene.
3. Salma Agha: She shot to fame with B.R. Chopra's 1982-hit Nikaah. But after couple of hit films, she got only B-grade movie offers. Rumours of a series of affairs with businessmen in Pakistan and London made her infamous for lack of professionalism.
4. Mamata Kulkarni: Mamta was controversy's favourite child in the 90s. Mamta faced a barrage of obscenity lawsuits besides protests from the moral police for her topless photo shoot. She reportedly took a huge sum to perform at a private dance show for a Bihar MLA, who was later arrested in the fodder scam.
5. Vimi: After 'Hamraaz', Vimi had a short but successful film career. Her husband began to increasingly interfere in her work and dictate terms to producers after she beceme successful. This eventually led to the couple's separation.
6.Ayesha Jhulka: Vivacious and beautiful, Ayesha Jhulka played some substantial roles with actors likes Salman Khan, Aamir Khan and Akshay Kumar. The actress proved her acting mettle in films like ‘Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander’, Khiladi, Masoom. The actress was last seen in films Socha Na Tha and 2006 released Aishwarya Rai starrer, Umrao Jaan as Khurshid, a courtesan. Ayesha is married to construction tycoon
7.Meenakshi: The beautiful and talented Meenakshi was the youngest woman to be crowned Miss India at the age of 17. The actress proved her versatility with many blockbuster films like ‘Hero’, Shahenshah and even in the woman centric film, ‘Damini’. She gave a powerful performance in her last film ‘Ghatak’ which released in 1997.