New Delhi, August 25: Former Finance Minister Arun Jaitley will be cremated today at the Nigambodh Ghat, BJP leader Sudhanshu Mittal said. Jaitley, 66, who died in AIIMS at 12.07 pm was undergoing treatment at the hospital for a few weeks. He was admitted there on August 9.
Jaitley's body was in his Kailash Colony residence after formalities are completed at the AIIMS. Now his body is being taken to the BJP headquarters where leaders across the political spectrum are expected to pay their last respects. Mr Jaitley's body will be kept at the BJP office till 2 pm.
From BJP headquarters, it will be taken to the Nigambodh Ghat for the last rites.
- Former Union Minister and BJP leader Arun Jaitley cremated with full state honours at Nigambodh Ghat. Son Rohan set fire to the funeral pyre.
- Former Delhi Lt Gov Najeeb Jung, former minister Prakash Javdekar, Union minister Smriti Irani, BJP leaders Gautam Gambhir, BS Yediyurappa, Nirmala Sitharaman, Rajnath Singh, Vice President Venkaiah Naidu have arrived at Nigambodh Ghat.- Opposition leaders Sharad Pawar has arrived at Nigambodh Ghat.
- Arun Jaitley's cremation to take place at around 2:30 pm.
- Vice-President M Venkaiah Naidu, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and Union Home Minister Amit Shah at Nigambodh Ghat.
- Mortal remains of Former Union Minister and BJP leader Arun Jaitley to be cremated with full state honours at Nigambodh Ghat.
- Mortal remains of former Union Minister and BJP leader Arun Jaitley being taken to Nigambodh Ghat where the cremation will take place.
- Jammu & Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik paid last respects to Former Union Minister and BJP leader Arun Jaitley at BJP headquarters, today
- Union Ministers Harsh Vardhan and Piyush Goyal and Jharkhand CM Raghubar Das pay last respects to former Union Minister and BJP leader Arun Jaitley at BJP headquarters.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh pays tributes to former Union Minister Arun Jaitley at party headquarters.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah and National Working President of Bharatiya Janata Party, JP Nadda, pay respects to former Union Minister Arun Jaitley at party headquarters.
- British High Commissioner to India, Sir Dominic Asquith on Arun Jaitley: He was a man that many people in Britain treasured, knew well, worked with, valued him for his wisdom, gentleness and humour. He will be much missed.
- Delhi: Mortal remains of Former Union Minister and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Arun Jaitley brought to party headquarters.
-Mortal remains of Former Union Minister and Bharatiya Janata Party leader (BJP) Arun Jaitley being taken to BJP headquarters.
- Senior Congress leader Motilal Vohra, NCP leaders Sharad Pawar & Praful Patel, RLD leader Ajit Singh and Former Andhra Pradesh CM & TDP leader N Chandrababu Naidu arrive at the residence of Former Union Minister & BJP leader Arun Jaitley to pay their last respects to him.
News24 Bureau with Agencies
Image Courtesy: Google