New Delhi, Oct 20, News24 Bureau: After the unfortunate accident at the Dussehra event in Punjab, the next is pinning the faultlines, identifying the individuals whose carelessness resulted in this mammoth disaster and the possible reasons behind the accident.The Amritsar Municipal Corporation apparently has washed its hands off the mishap and said no permission was granted to hold Dussehra celebrations at 'Dhobi ghat' ground."Nobody was given the permission for organising the Dussehra event. Moreover, nobody had applied for the permission with the Amritsar Municipal Corporation," Amritsar Municipal Corporation Commissioner Sonali Giri said.The event took place on previous occasions as well, but this year the scale was larger, says the Commissioner."Last year, the scale of the function was not as big as it was witnessed on Friday evening," she said, adding there was also a small temple at the ground.Navjot Kaur Sidhu, former MLA and wife of Punjab minister Navjot Singh Sidhu, was the chief guest of the event.The event was reportedly organised by Saurabh Madan, husband of Congress Councillor Vijay Madan. Posters of Navjot Singh Sidhu, his wife Navjot Kaur Sidhu, councilor Saurbah Madan and his wife Vijay Madan were displayed at the event.Opposition parties, including the Akali Dal, the Bharatiya Janata Party and the Aam Aadmi Party have demanded strict action against those who gave permission for holding the event. The guns are pointed towards the Congress.When the mishap occurred at least 300 people were watching 'Ravana dahan' at the ground adjacent to the elevated rail tracks.As the effigy was lit and the fireworks went off, a section of the crowd started retreating towards the tracks where a large number of people were already standing to watch the event, officials had said.The mishap has already taken more than 60 lives and nearly 60 are injured and are admitted to the hospital.