New Delhi: The hot breezes must surely be forcing you to make out some plans and go out for a weekend. What if summers weren't there? What if you could just sit and enjoy your balcony while the cold breezes hit you? What if you could just admire the sunset, slowing down for a while in your life? Well, sorry to startle you but thinking like this would be synonymous to lunacy. But, since, you are now determined to enrich your laughter and comfort, we would like to introduce you to six of the eye-catching destinations in India to be visited in summers,
1. Horsley Hills, Andhra PradeshOne of the most scenic places in the state, Horsley Hills are a paradise. The road is blessed with Mahogany, Jacaranda, Sandalwood, Gulmohar and Eucalyptus trees which are bliss.
2. Shillong – Cherrapunjee – Mawlynnong, MeghalayaThe beautiful mountains of this region are a joy to watch. The coal mines, while you travel to Cherrapunjee from Shillong, will grab your attention. Shillong is perhaps the only place in India where taxi drivers themselves sit on someone’s lap and drive.
4. Tirthan Valley, Himachal PradeshIf you are a nature lover then this is the right destination for you! Tirthan Valley is located nearly 3 km from the entrance of Great Himalayan National Park. Famous for trout fishing and arrival of foreigners, the places in May in India has much to offer.
5. Sandakphu – Darjeeling – Kalimpong, West BengalThis destination is a wonderland for trekkers. At a height of 11,929 feet, Sandakphu is the highest point in Singalila range. The peak is a vantage point from where one can see four of the world’s five highest peaks – Everest, Kanchenjunga, Makalu, and Lhotse.
6. Ooty – KudremukhOoty is one of the very famous hill stations of India, in the Nilgiris. Coffee and tea plantations, numerous gardens and the Ooty Lake are good places to visit in May in India. Kudremukh, in Karnataka, is a small town located in the Chikmagalur district of Karnataka.