his was the first 'Mann Ki Baat' of 2020.
New Delhi, Jan 26: Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation in his programme 'Mann Ki Baat' on the occasion of Republic Day on Sunday.
This was the first 'Mann Ki Baat' of 2020.
Here are the main points from PM Modi's speech:
- We live in the 21st century. This is an era of knowledge, science and democracy. Have you ever heard of a nation where life has turned better due to violence? Or a nation where peace and goodwill have hampered people's quest for a good life?
- Insurgency in the North-East has reduced considerably. The biggest reason for this is the fact that every issue of this region is being honestly and peacefully solved through dialogue.
- 2 weeks ago when different festivals like Bihu, Pongal and Lohri, were being celebrated across the country, an important agreement was signed in Delhi ending the 25-year-old Bru-Reang refugee crisis forever.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation in his programme 'Mann Ki Baat' on the occasion of Republic Day on Sunday.
- The participation of athletes in 'Khelo India Games' has been increasing every year. This also reveals the growing love and participation in sports by school children in our country. Apart from this, 3,200 gifted children have emerged on the country's sporting horizon through the 'Khelo India Games' in just three years. Many of these children have grown up in poverty.
- Next month, the first edition of 'Khelo India University Games' is being organized in Cuttack and Bhubaneswar, Odisha from February 22 to March 1. And more than 3000 players have qualified for participating in these games.
- National Games is an arena where players get a chance to display their passion besides becoming acquainted with the culture of other states. Therefore, we've decided to organize 'Khelo India University Games' every year on the pattern of the 'Khelo India Youth Games'
- If I take the name of David Beckham, you will say that it is about the famous international footballer. But now, we too have a David Beckham amidst us and he has won a gold medal at the Khelo India National Youth Games in Guwahati, that too in 200 metre sprint event in cycling.
- Heartiest greetings to you all on the occasion of RepublicDay. Today, we are here on MannKiBaat to discuss newer subjects, to celebrate the latest achievements of our countrymen and to celebrate India.
- A very innovative idea of harnessing a borewell for rainwater harvesting sprung up from Tamilnadu. The country is replete with innumerable such stories, of water conservation, lending more strength to the resolves of New India.
- 'Mann Ki Baat' has become a good and smooth platform of sharing, learning and growing together. Every month thousands of people share their suggestions, efforts, and experiences.
- This is the first Mann ki Baat of this year and of this decade. Since today is the 71st occasion of Republic Day, I to still speak with all of you, so I changed the usual slot of 11 am to 6 pm, says PM Modi.
Photo: Google Image