Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday arrived in Bahrain on the third leg of his overseas visit and was received by his Bahraini counterpart Prince Khalifa Bin Salman Al Khalifa.
Manama (Bahrain), Aug 24: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday arrived in Bahrain on the third leg of his overseas visit and was received by his Bahraini counterpart Prince Khalifa Bin Salman Al Khalifa.
Modi termed it a historic visit, as it is the first prime ministerial visit to Bahrain from India.
"Landed in Bahrain. This visit is historical and will improve ties between our nations. I look forward to meeting the top spectrum of leaders and interacting with the Indian diaspora," Modi tweeted.
"Infusing new energy on the foundation of close civilizational linkages. PM @narendramodi arrives in #Manama, Bahrain. As a special gesture, received warmly by HH Prince Khalifa Bin Salman Al Khalifa, the PM of #Bahrain. This is the first ever visit by an Indian PM to Bahrain," MEA spokesperson Raveesh Kumar tweeted.
Modi was accorded a ceremonial welcome at the Al Gudaibiya Palace in Manama.
"A 'pearl' in our extended neighbourhood. [email protected] extended a ceremonial welcome at Al Gudaibiya Palace in #Manama in the presence of Prime Minister HH Prince Khalifa Bin Salman Al Khalifa," Kumar tweeted.
Modi would meet and hold talks with Prince Shaikh Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa, and discuss the entire spectrum of bilateral relations and also regional and international issues of mutual interest.
The Bahraini King will also host a banquet dinner in honour of Modi.
Later in the evening, Modi addressed the Indian diaspora.
Here are the main features of his speech:
- The lowest rate of internet data is in India: Modi
- Over the next five years, we will try to double the size of India's economy.
- Five trillion dollar economy is now an achievable target.
- If the size of the economy increases, the purchasing power of every Indian family will also increase.
- Over the last five years, we have built a strong foundation for economic success.
- I will visit Shrinathji Temple tomorrow and will pray for peace & prosperity in this country. It is also a matter of happiness that renovation of this temple will also officially begin tomorrow: Modi
- It is the sacred festival of janmashtmi today. I wish you & the entire Indian community across the world on 'Krishna Janmotsav'.
- India has decided that we will multiply the size of our economy by twice in the upcoming 5 years. 5 trillion dollars economy in the target in front of us.
- All of you know that on September 7, India's 'Chandrayaan' is going to land on the surface of moon. The entire world is discussing India's space missions today. The world is astonished that how are we able to gain these results in such small budget, using only our skills: Modi
- When you talk to your family members in India, they tell you they feel a change in the environment. Do you feel a change in India? Do you see a change in the attitude of India? Confidence of India has increased or not? : Modi
- I am fortunate to be the first Indian PM to visit Bahrain: Modi
- I realise that it took a very long time for an Indian Prime Minister to make a visit to Bahrain: Modi
- I can't imagine that I am so far here while my friend has gone away. Some days ago, we lost our former Defence Minister Behen Sushma Ji. Today my friend Arun went away: Modi on Arun Jaitley.
- The entire world is discussing India's space missions today: Modi
News24 Bureau with IANS inputs
Photo: Google image