The iconic diva, Sridevi had contributed to the Indian cinema by her remarkable works like 'Sadma', 'Lamhe', 'ChaalBaaz', 'Chandni', 'English Vinglish', 'Mom' and others.
New Delhi, News24 Bureau, August 13: It's 56th birth anniversary of the late veteran actress Sridevi, who passed away in February 2018 in Dubai by accidental drowning. The iconic diva, Sridevi had contributed to the Indian cinema by her remarkable works like 'Sadma', 'Lamhe', 'ChaalBaaz', 'Chandni', 'English Vinglish', 'Mom' and others.
On her birth anniversary today, here we have listed a few unknown facts about the iconic actress.
1. Sridevi's original name was Shree Amma Yanger Ayyapan.
2. Sridevi was fond of acting and she started her acting career at the tender age of 4. She first appeared in a devotional film titled 'Thunaivan' (1969).
3. Sridevi made her Bollywood debut with the film 'Solva Saavan' in 1979.
4. The veteran actress was also a playback singer and did playback singing for her films like 'Chandni', 'Sadma', 'Kshana Kshanam' and 'Garajna'.
5. Sridevi, who was popular name in Bollywood turned down the offer of Steven Spielberg’s 'Jurassic Park'. She was also the highest paid actress of Hindi cinema of her time.
6. Sridevi and veteran actress Jaya Prada never shared screen space together as the later was considered the former's strongest competitor.
7. Sridevi was known for her dedication towards work. Notably, the diva shot one of the most popular songs Na Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai for the film 'Chaalbaaz' when she was suffering with high fever and had 103 degrees temperature.