New Delhi, Nov 20: After long 17 years, it was none other than 20-years old, Manushi Chhillar that got the glory and pride to the country after winning the title of Miss World this year.
Earlier, where she was crowned as Miss India in June, the girl from Haryana left no stone unturned in working towards the title. A true 'Beauty With Brains', she impressed the judges with her sheer elegance and beauty and her apt answers to the questions asked in the pageant.
More than this, there is ofcourse much more one would want to know about Manushi, here are some unknown facts about her:
- Manisha belongs to Haryana's Jhajjar district and is a third-year MBBS student at Bhagat Phool Singh Government Medical College for Women in Sonipat. She aspires to be a cardiac surgeon and took a gap year to represent India at Miss World.
- She topped the CBSE in English examination in Class 12 boards by scoring 96%
- Manisha belongs to a background of doctors, while her father, Dr Mitra Basu Chhillar, is an endocrinologist at the Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Allied Sciences (INMAS), Delhi, her mother, Dr Neelam Chhillar, is a doctor at the Institute of Human Behavior and Allied Sciences (IHBAS), Delhi.
- Manisha is also trained in classical dance of Kuchipudi under renowned dancers and also seeks to be a good poet and painter.
- Manushi also represented India and her college in Cultural Exchange Program in 2014 in Japan. She is truly an inspiration to millions of people all around the world.