New Delhi, Nov 6: One of the most beautiful actress of Bollywood Aishwarya Rai Bachchan has not only mesmerised Bollywood but she has also left her mark in Hollywood as well. The journey of Aishwarya has become more memorable with her films like Devdas, Raincoat, Jodha Akbar, Ae Dil Hai Mushkil and many others.
Aishwarya made her debut in Bollywood with the film 'Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya opposite Bobby Deol and since then there is no looking back. Aishwarya has worked in more than 50 Bollywood films. She has also acted in some South films.
While working in the movie ‘Guru’- cupid struck and Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya fell in love and decided to get married. Now she is the daughter in law of Bachchan family and both of them have a beautiful daughter named Aaradhya.
Here we take a look at some of the controversies in Aishwarya's life:
1) Bold scenes in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: The intimate scenes between Aishwarya and Ranbir in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' became the talk of the town and probably this was the major reason that none of the member of Bachchan family spoke anything about the movie. Though Aishwarya had a cameo appearance in the movie but the controversy earned the movie a lot of publicity. According to reports, at least three intimate scenes from the movie were cut by the censor board.
2) Relationship with Salman: Undoubtedly this is the most talked about controversy of Aishwarya. Aishwarya was allegedly in relationship with Salman Khan during the filming of ‘Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam’. According to reports, Salman had recommended Aishwarya to many producers during that time. Some even say that Sanjay Leela Bhansali signed Aishwarya for ‘Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam’ only after Salman's recommendations. However, the relationship did not last for a very long time. Salman allegedly created ruckus at the set of "Chalte Chalte" which led to the changing of actress. Aishwarya was dropped from the movie and Rani was roped in. After some years post their break- up, Aishwarya accused him of being physically and mentally abusive.
3) Fight with Sonam: Aishwarya allegedely did not want Sonam Kapoor to walk the Red Carpet of Cannes International Films Festival as the brand ambassador of Loreal. After some time Sonam snapped back at Aishwaya and called her ‘Aunty’.
4) Kissing scene in Dhoom 2: In Dhoom 2, there was an iconic kissing scene between Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya which did not go down well with Abhishek Bachchan and his family. During the filming of this movie, Aishwarya was reportedly dating Abhishek and was likely to get married soon.
5) Madhur Bhandarkar's controversy: During the making of ‘Heroine’, Aishwarya reportedly kept her pregnancy hidden while signing the film. When Madhur Bhandakar came to know about her pregnancy, Madhur replaced her with Kareena Kapoor Khan. Hence, later made allegations that Ash had mentally disturbed and harassed him due to same.