New Delhi, Nov 20: There was an important Congress Working Committee (CWC) meeting at 10, Janpath on Monday. The meeting was basically to discuss elevation of Rahul Gandhi to top party post. Here are the 5 points present Congress President Sonia Gandhi said at the CWC meet:
1. Modi government in arrogance has cast dark shadow on India’s Parliamentary democracy by sabotaging Winter Session on flimsy grounds.
2. It's mistaken if it thinks by locking temple of democracy, it'll escape constitutional accountability ahead of elections.: Sonia Gandhi in Congress CWC
3. The Prime Minister had the audacity to have a midnight celebration in Parliament to launch an ill prepared and flawed GST but today he lacks the courage to face Parliament.: Sonia Gandhi in Congress CWC
4. A year later, demonetization has done nothing but rub salt on the wounds of distressed farmers, small traders, housewives and daily workers.
5. The fortunes of a handful are being built by destroying the future of the poor and the oppressed.: Sonia Gandhi in Congress CWC.
Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi is all set to be elevated to the position of Congress President. Sources say that this will happen before the Gujarat Assembly Elections.
Congress party's highest decision-making body, the Congress Working Committee (CWC), is meeting on Monday to chart out the schedule for the election of the Congress President, that will see the elevation of Vice President Rahul Gandhi to the party's top post.
The meeting is being held a day after the birth centenary of former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi on November 19.