New Delhi, News24 Bureau, March 25: This comes as a masterstroke from Congress.
This comes as a real 'Dhamaka' from Congress President Rahul Gandhi. The Congress president has assured the minimum basic income guarantee scheme for the poor in India. If Congress has its ways, there will be no poor in India. Rahul said that all calculations are in place and this scheme is one of the finest for the poor in India. The Congress President also said that this is not mere rhetoric but has a solid fool-proof plan.
Here are the 10 highlights of the Rahul Gandhi's Rs 72,000 annually for the poor:
1. Congress party promises that India's 20%, most poor families will get yearly 72,000 rupees in their bank accounts under a minimum basic income guarantee scheme.
2. 5 crore families and 25 crore people will directly benefit from this scheme.
3. The Congress president says that all calculations have been done. There is no such scheme anywhere else in the world. this will be the first of its type.
3. I'm convinced that India has enough money to take care of the poor. Congress is committed.
4. If with MANREGA we took the first step to address the woes of the poor, this scheme can be seen as the second strike to eradicate poverty.
5. This is not mere rhetoric, all calculations are in place and Congress will implement this as sson as it comes to power.
6. We have never shied away from implementing our promises. Chattisgarh, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh are proof. We implemented whatever we promised.
7. If the prime minister can distribute wealth to the rich of the country, then we can certainly do something for the poor
8. Congress is always committed to the cause of the needy and the poor
9. People ask me what will be the minimum line of income? Then let me tell them that the minimum income for the poor will be Rs 12,000.
10. Log mujhse poochte hain ki ye minimum aamdani ki line kya hogi to line jo hai 12,000 rupaye mahine ki hogi.