Mumbai: t's been like a fairy tale. Ten years of blissful married life is like a dream in the dreamland of Bollywood which often sees jitters in relationships. But this most stylish couple of Bollywood has made it, and thus proved all gossip mongers wrong. Scion of the biggest legend of Bollywood, Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek had raised eyebrows when he chose to marry Aishwarya Rai, arguably the most beautiful woman. Here are some lesser known facts about the most beautiful couple of Bollywood.
1. Though Abhishek Bachchan had proposed to Aishwarya Rai, there were many hiccups in the marriage. Sanjay Dutt had played an important role in convincing Salman Khan to let the marriage happen.
2. Aishwarya Rai was very sceptic about relationships and though love bloomed on the sets of Guru, the couple spent quality time together to understand each other. The 'I will' wasn't instant.
3. Insiders say that convincing Jaya Bachchan was a difficult task and her daughter Shweta Bachchan was entrusted with this responsibility.
4. When Aishwarya was invited for the family dinner, nervous Aishwarya reached Big B's home a bit late and this was not liked by Jaya Bachchan. Jaya Bachchan is very punctual about time.
5. The marriage was kept a low-key affair as Big B's mom Teji Bachchan was seriously ill and in hospital
6. Very few guests were invited for the same reason. And those who were invited considered themselves very priviledged. None of the Khans was invited.
7. Both, North Indian as well as the South Indian traditions and rituals were followed in the marriage.
8. Reportedly Aishwarya's mom-in-law did not want her to continue in films; but she had support from other family members. Her steamy scenes with Hrithik Roshan in Dhoom 2 had displeased her would be in-laws.
9. Insiders say that since Aishwarya was a mangalik a ritual was performed to ward off the bad effects of 'mangal-dosh'
10. Reports of the separation of the junior Bachchan couple from the senior Bachchan couple have been doing the rounds since long, but they have all been mere speculations. The entire Bachchan clan lives happily together.