Mango Jam: The mouth water comes on hearing the name of sour-sweet tangy mango jam. Summer is the season of mangoes which people like very much. Many things are made from ripe juicy mangoes as well as raw mangoes, which taste very good to eat.
You must have eaten mango pickle, marmalade, chutney many times, but today we are going to tell you the recipe for making mango jam with tangy taste of raw mango.
Mango Jam: Ingredients
- Ghee – 2 spoons
- sugar 2 kg
- Mango finely grated – 1.5 kg
- To make raw mango jam, first of all take the mangoes and wash them thoroughly.
- After this, peel the mango with the help of a knife or peeler and keep it in a plate.
- Now wash these mangoes once again with clean water so that its sourness reduces slightly.
- After this, you dry the mango till the water dries up.
- Now grate them and keep them in a vessel.
- Now put 3-4 spoons of ghee in a pan and heat it well.
- When the ghee becomes hot, add grated mango to it.
- Now fry it till it becomes golden.
- Now add sugar to it, if you want you can also add jaggery to it.
- Cook it until the sugar syrup becomes thick after cooking.
- When cooked in the consistency of sugar syrup and mango jam, add ground cardamom and saffron threads to it.
- Now cook it for another 5 minutes and then cool it and store it in a box.
- Your mango jam is ready, now you can eat it anytime.