Kobichi Bhaji Recipe: Cabbage is a vegetable, which is often made in homes. Protein, carbohydrates, iron, calcium and phosphorus are found in cabbage which is beneficial for the body. The pleasure of eating cabbage in winter is different. People like its parathas very much, but today we will tell you about a Gujarati dish made of cabbage, after eating it, you will not be able to forget its taste and will make it again and again at home. The name of this dish is Kobichi Bhaji which is made in Gujarat. Let’s know the method of making it.
Kobichi Bhaji Recipe: Ingredients
- 2 cups – Cabbage (finely chopped)
- 1- Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 cup – Peas (boiled)
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp – fenugreek seeds
- 1 cup – capsicum
- Turmeric powder – half teaspoon
- 1 tsp – Lemon juice
- Salt – as per taste
- To make Kobichi Bhaji, first, wash all the vegetables.
- Wash and chop cabbage, capsicum and onion thoroughly.
- After this, heat a pan on low flame.
- When the pan becomes slightly hot, add oil and mustard seeds to it.
- Add onion to it and cook it well.
- Now, add cabbage, turmeric powder, and capsicum to the pan and mix.
- Now put all the spices like turmeric, and salt in it.
- Now run for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- When the colour of the vegetable changes, then turn off the gas.
- After turning off the gas, take out the vegetable on a plate.
- After taking it out on a plate, add lemon juice to it.
Now your kobichi bhaji is completely ready. You can eat this empty, with roti or paratha as well. It doesn’t take much time to make. You can easily eat it for lunch. Only vegetables are used in this which is very beneficial for our bodies. This dish is widely eaten in Gujarat. If you are also fond of Gujarati food, then definitely try this dish once. After eating this, you will like to eat kobichi bhaji again and again.