Kashmiri Dam Aloo Recipe: Potato is made every day at home. Potato has different importance in the Indian kitchen. You must have eaten many dishes made of potatoes but you must try Dum Aloo which is very beneficial for the body and its taste is also amazing. But today we will tell you the recipe for Kashmiri Dum Aloo which you can include in your dinner. So let’s know the method of making it.
Kashmiri Dam Aloo Recipe: Ingredients
- Small potatoes (half boiled) – 20
- Curd – 6 tbsp
- Kashmiri red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Roasted fennel (ground) – 1 tbsp
- Dry ginger powder – 1/2 tsp
- Big cardamom – 1
- Cloves – 3
- Cinnamon stick – 1
- Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – 1 pinch
- Cumin – 1 tsp
- Green cardamom – 2
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Salt – as per taste
Also read:- Ganne Kheer Recipe: Make this sweet dish at home in just 10 minutes, check benefits here
- To make Kashmiri Dum Aloo, first, take potatoes and peel them.
- After this, make holes in all the potatoes with a fork and spoon.
- Now take curd in a bowl and whisk it well.
- After this, now take water in a bowl and add red chilli powder to it and dissolve it.
- Now take a pan and put 3/4 cup oil in it and heat it on the gas.
- When the oil becomes hot, add potatoes to it and fry on medium heat.
- When the colour of the potatoes turns light golden, take them out.
- After this, again heat some oil in a pan on low flame.
- Add cumin, cinnamon, asafoetida, and black pepper to it.
- Simultaneously add cardamom, big cardamom and cloves and fry them.
- Now add the prepared red chilli powder solution to it.
- Cook the solution for about 20 seconds and then add curd.
- After this, add dry ginger powder to it and mix it well.
- Now add potatoes and salt to this mixture and mix.
- Cover the pan with the help of a plate and cook for 10 minutes.
- When the gravy of Dum Aloo becomes slightly thick, then turn off the gas.
Now your Kashmiri Dum Aloo is ready. You can eat it with Rumali Roti, Roti, Naan and Paratha. It is very healthy to eat, and its taste is very tasty. You must try this dish once. Eat yourself, and feed your family members too.