Energy Foods: Winters are here and the cold weather can be defeated only by consuming hot and tasty food. These four months starting from November and ending in February are actually the coldest months of the whole year. While you enjoy the cool breeze, it is equally important to keep yourself safe in this cold weather.
As the temperature drops, your metabolism slows down to conserve energy and retain your body heat. Certain foods can help increase your metabolism and keep you active throughout the day. The foods mentioned here will keep your body warm and give benefits to the body.
5 Energy Foods to keep you warm in winter
- Onion: Onion is used in traditional Chinese medicine as a ‘chi’ or ‘energizing tonic’ as it keeps your body warm to beat the cold weather. You can include it in your daily meals or in soups, or salads etc.
2. Amaranth: Foods like amaranth and millet are a good source of energy during cold winter days. They are high in starch which takes longer to digest and hence keeps you energetic throughout the day.
3. Desi Ghee: According to Ayurveda, Desi Ghee is one of the most easily digestible fats for cooking as well as for enhancing flavor in curries. Ghee is also a natural way to correct the pitta (heat element) of your body. It has many benefits like it aids digestion, prevents constipation and helps in the excretion of toxins. It keeps you warm and also boosts your immunity. Eating fried onion in desi ghee ends sore throat.
4. Ginger: Ginger is known for its thermogenic and healing properties. It helps to boost your metabolism and increase blood flow. You can consume raw ginger root in warm water. You can also add some ginger to your regular tea or kadha to get its benefits.
5. Dry Fruits: Dry fruits are considered to be one of the best foods to eat during the winter months. Dry fruits like apricots, dried figs, dates, almonds, and cashews will keep you warm and also increase your immunity to fight diseases and heat. They are naturally rich in nutrients, dietary fibre, vitamins etc.
Read More :- Latest Lifestyle News