High Cholesterol: The majority of the cholesterol in your body is produced by your liver, with the remainder coming from food. LDL cholesterol is the most dangerous type of cholesterol (LDL). Plaques, which are fatty, waxy deposits in your arteries, can form as a result of LDL cholesterol buildup. Obesity, heart attack, and stroke risk are all increased by high cholesterol levels. They can also raise the chances of drinking alcohol, eating fatty foods, and living a sedentary lifestyle. It’s no surprise that certain fruits can help lower your LDL (“bad”) cholesterol, but you might be surprised to learn that many of these fruits are delicious and simple to incorporate into your daily diet without sacrificing flavour or enjoyment.
Here are five fruits that you should include in your diet to control the high cholesterol level in your body
- Banana: This tropical fruit is loaded in fibre and mushy, essential vitamins, and minerals, as well as sucrose, fructose, and glucose, which are all natural sugars. According to health professionals, bananas’ high potassium and fibre content helps.
- Orange: Long-term orange juice consumers had lower levels of total cholesterol, LDL-cholesterol, apo B and LDL/HDL ratio and an improvement of folate and vitamin C in their diet. Oranges also contain a substance called phytosterols (plant sterols), a type of fat that helps block cholesterol from being absorbed in the intestines.
- Apple: Apples have a high pectin content, making them the best cholesterol-lowering food. Pectin, a type of fibre, aids in the reduction of harmful cholesterol levels. Apples also contain polyphenols, which can help lower cholesterol levels.
- Berries: Berries, which include seasonal fruits such as strawberries, cranberries, and blueberries, are high in fibre and help to prevent the oxidation of harmful cholesterol. The oxidation of cholesterol may cause cardiovascular problems. Berries also contain bioactive substances that protect against heart disease and other chronic diseases due to their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Avocado: Although this fruit is unique and quite aristocratic among Indians, the oleic acid it contains can help lower blood levels of harmful cholesterol. Young folks and people who are concerned about their diets like avocado toast.