Coconut Barfi: The holy festival of Navratri is going to start from 23 March 2023. Nine different forms of Maa Durga are worshiped during these days. In Navratri, worship is done in every house and devotees also keep fast. Fruit food is eaten during Navratri fasting. Actually, during the fast, the immunity week of the devotees becomes. In such a situation, you can also eat coconut barfi as a sweet. They are very tasty to eat and also give energy from inside.
If you are also going to observe this Navratri fast, then we are bringing you an easy recipe of coconut barfi. They are very easy to make. You can make them very easily and quickly. That’s why start preparing for Navratri from now itself. So let’s know how to make Navratri special coconut barfi.
Coconut Barfi: Ingredients
- 4 cups finely grated coconut
- 1 big cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 8-10 saffron threads
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp pistachios, finely chopped
- To make Navratri Special Coconut Barfi, first of all soak saffron in some water.
- After this, put ghee in a pan and roast the grated coconut in it for 5 minutes.
- Now add milk and sugar to it and cook it while stirring well till it becomes thick.
- When the mixture thickens well, turn off the gas and add saffron water and cardamom powder to it.
- After this, you spread this mixture well in a big plate or tray.
- Now add finely chopped pistachios to it. And press the mixture lightly. So that the pistachios get set inside.
- After this, you keep the barfi for 3 hours to set.
- When the barfi is well set, cut it into squares or whatever shape you want.
- Now your coconut barfi is ready, you can eat it on Navratri.
Also Read – Latest Lifestyle News