New Delhi: Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister and Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader Ajit Pawar on Tuesday staked claim over the party that was founded by his uncle and Maratha stalwart Sharad Pawar.
The Maharashtra Political Crisis has shaken up the entire state when Ajit Pawar led a faction of 8 MLAs and went to take oath as ministers in the Shinde-Fadnavis government.
This caused an earthquake in Maharashtra whose tremors is being felt pretty much everyday. Here are 10 points what Ajit Pawar’s section said in a press note released on Wednesday.
- A press note released on behalf of Ajit Pawar, it was said that, “Ajit Pawar along with the other members of the NCP were sworn in, an attempt is being made by certain elements within the NCP, to spread a sense of fear and confusion amongst the elected representatives of the NCP and also the party cadre working in different organisational posts of NCP.”
2. As per the Ajit Pawar’s fcation, there was a grave feeling of discontent amongst various members of the NCP, both from the elected/legislative wing and the organisational wing that the affairs of the party are being dictated in violation of the provisions of NCP Constitution; Rules and decisions were taken unilaterally without taking others into confidence.
3. After AJit Pawar sworn-in as Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, a resolution was passed by overwhelming majority of members of NCP, both from the legislative and organisational wing to elect Ajit Pawar as the president of NCP.
4. Praful Patel from Ajit Pawar faction, continue to be one of the working presidents of NCP despite the fact that Sharad Pawar sacked him for ‘anti-party activities.’
5. At present, the entire structure of the NCP including the post of President is heavily flawed in as much as none of the appointments has been made in terms of the
provisions of the NCP Constitution. No election process for any post including that of the President has been followed, said Ajit Pawar’s faction.
6. As per the Ajit Pawar’s side, the earlier appointment of Jayant Patil as the state president of Maharashtra NCP was patently illegal since the same was done without following any procedure mandated by the constitution of NCP. Jayant Patil was appointed as the interim state president of Maharashtra NCP by Praful Patel. Therefore, Praful Patel in his capacity as the Working President of NCP has removed Jayant Patil from the post of State President of Maharashtra NCP.
7. Disqualification petitions have also been filed by Anil Patil against Jayant Patil and Jitendra Awhad. Thus, there are rival disqualification petitions pending on the file of the Speaker.
8. When faced with rival contentions as to who is the leader of the legislature party or the chief whip, the Speaker must conduct an independent enquiry based on the rules and regulations of the political party to identify the leader of the legislative party or the whip.
9. In the present case also, there are disqualification petitions filed by both factions and rival claims of legislature party leader and whip which is within the exclusive jurisdiction of the speaker of decide. Unless such a decision is made, no person from the party can take any action on the assumption that he is legally appointed whip of the NCP.
10. The press note read, “Ajit Anantrao Pawar continues to command support of an overwhelming majority of the members of NCP, both the legislative and organizational wing. No orders or directions passed by anyone in the party has any effect on any of the members of the NCP till such time the matter is decided by the ECI.”