New Delhi: Urging people to exercise greater caution as the country enters Unlock 2, Prime Minister Narendra Modi warned on Tuesday that India is about to start a crucial phase in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic.
PM Modi announced a package of Rs. 1.75 lakh crore under the PM Garib Kalyan Yojana.
“In the last 3 months, Rs. 31,000 crore deposited in bank accounts of 20 crore poor families. Also, Rs. 18000 crore deposited in bank accounts of more than 9 crore farmers,” he said.
‘PM Gareeb Kalyan Anna Yojana will be extended till the end of November, extension to cost over Rs 90 thousand crore,” he added.
— ANI (@ANI) June 30, 2020
Here are the main points of PM Modi’s speech:
– We are entering UNLOCK2 and the season of cough, fever and cold is also about to start. In such a situation, I urge countrymen to take care of themselves.
– In comparison to other countries across the globe, India is still in a very stable situation, in the battle against COVID19. Timely decisions and measures have played a great role.
– Ever since Unlock1 started in the country, negligence in personal and social behaviour has been increasing. Earlier, we were more cautious about the use of masks, ‘do gaj doori’ and washing hands several times a day for 20 seconds.
– During lockdown, rules were strictly abided by. Now, governments, local administration and citizens again have to show similar caution.
– We need to have a special focus on containment zones. If you see someone flouting norms, tell them to not do so.
– Today, if the government is able to provide free food grains to the poor & the needy, the credit goes to two sections. First, the hardworking farmers of our country and second, the honest taxpayers. I thank you from my heart.