Indian Railways: In order to meet the increasing number of passengers in winter, Konkan Railway and the Central Railway will operate two special trains between Mumbai and Mangaluru beginning on December 9, an official release said on Sunday.
As per the release by the Konkan Railway, the trains will have a total of 17 coaches including one two-tier AC coach, three 3-tier AC and eight sleeper coaches.
“It has been decided to run special trains to clear extra rush of passengers during winter season 2022 in co-ordination with Central Railway,” it said.
Further, the Konkan Railway shared the schedule of the two special trains, including the halts.
— Konkan Railway (@KonkanRailway) December 3, 2022
Here’s detail about upcoming Mangaluru-Mumbai special trains:
1. Train number 01453 / 01454 Lokmanya Tilak (T) Mangaluru Junction Lokmanya Tilak (T) Special (Weekly):
- Train No. 01453 Lokmanya Tilak (T)-Mangaluru Junction Special (weekly) will leave from Lokmanya Tilak at 10.15 pm every Friday from December 9 to January 6. The train will reach Mangaluru Junction at 5.05 pm the next day.
- Train No. 01454 Mangaluru Junction-Lokmanya Tilak Special (weekly) will leave from Mangaluru Junction at 6.45 pm every Saturday from December 10 to January 7. The train will reach Lokmanya Tilak at 2.25 pm the next day.
HALTS: Thane, Panvel, Roha, Khed, Chiplun, Sangameshwar Road, Ratnagiri, Kankavali, Sindhudurg, Kudal. Sawantwadi Road, Thivim, Karmali, Madgaon Jn., Karwar, Gokama Road, Kumta, Murdeshwar, Bhatkal, Mookambika Road Byndoor, Kundapura, Udupi Mulki & Surathkal stations.
2. Train number 01455/01456 Lokmanya Tilak (T) Madgaon Jn. Lokmanya Tilak (T) Special (Weekly):
- Train no. 01455 Lokmanya Tilak (T)- Madgaon Jn. Special (Weekly) will leave from Lokmanya Tilak (T) at 22:15 hours (10:15 pm) on 1 January 2023, Sunday. The train will reach Madgaon Jn. at 10:30 hours (10:30 AM)on the next day.
- Train number 01456 Madgaon Jn. -Lokmanya Tilak (T) Special (Weekly) will leave Madgaon Jn. at 11:30 hours on 2 January 2023, Monday. The train will reach Lokmanya Tilak (T) at 23:45 hours (11:45 PM) on the same day.
Halts: Thane, Panvel, Roha, Mangaon, Khed, Chiplun, Sangameshwar Road. Ratnagiri, Rajapur Road, Vaibhavwadi Road, Kankavali, Sindhudurg, Kudal, Sawantwadi Road, Thivim and Karmali stations.