Himachal Election Result 2022 LIVE: Counting of votes in the Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh Assembly elections has begun. According to the early trends in Gujarat, the BJP appears to be gaining ground. In Himachal, though, the race has tightened.
The Congress appears to be ahead on 37 seats, with the BJP on 28. EVM findings will be available soon. At the moment, the Aam Aadmi Party’s account is not viewable here. Others perceive an advantage in having two seats. Himachal Pradesh has 68 seats, and a majority of 35 is required to establish a government. Himachal Pradesh now has a BJP government. Power shifts every five years in this country. Since 1985, it appears that authority has shifted every five years.
Exit Poll in Himachal Pradesh 2022 LIVE:
Congress – 40, BJP – 25, AAP – 0, Others – 03
- BJP Accepts Himachal Loss
- Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur said that the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) had conceded defeat in the Himachal Pradesh election. The decision to yield allows Congress to construct the state’s government.
- Congress now leading on 40 seats; BJP wins 2 and leads on 25 as counting continues.
- BJP leader and state minister Ram Lal Markanda, was defeated in the from Lahaul and Spiti. Suresh Bhardwaj, another state minister, was defeated by sitting Congress MLA Anirudh Singh from Kasumpti.
- Congress leader Vikramaditya Singh who won from Shimla (Rural) in the Himachal Pradesh Election remembered his late father, former Himachal chief minister Virbhadra Singh.
Who will be the CM?
- After the victory of the Congress in the Himachal elections, State Congress Chief Pratibha Singh said the elected MLAs will decide who will be the CM. Once they clear their choice, then the party high command will announce the name. She said that she has not been able to talk to Rajeev Shukla regarding this.
- Himachal Pradesh Congress in-charge Rajeev Shukla arrived in Chandigarh. During a press conference, he stated that we are 40 seats forward. We will have the opportunity to run the state. We shall keep the promises made by Congress.
- Himachal Pradesh Results 2022 Winners LIVE Updates: BJP’s Rakesh Kumar wins Sundernagar seat in Mandi.
#WATCH | Congress party workers celebrate in Shimla after Congress crosses the majority mark of 35 seats in Himachal Pradesh amid the ongoing counting of the votes in the state.#HimachalPradeshElections pic.twitter.com/1TklhepVnU
— ANI (@ANI) December 8, 2022
BJP’s Jai Ram Thakur Wins From Seraj
#HimachalPradeshElections | Congress now leading on 37 seats; BJP wins 1 and leads on 27 as counting continues.
The majority mark is 35 here. pic.twitter.com/TSKTjY8GVQ
— ANI (@ANI) December 8, 2022
- Jairam Thakur has won from the Siraj seat. He won by over 20,000 votes. He defeated INC’s Chetram.
- Three rebel candidates in Himachal Pradesh may hold the key to power.
- BJP rebels are leading in two seats, while Congress independents are leading in one.
- KL Thakur, a BJP dissident, is leading from Nalagarh.
- Hoshiar Singh, a BJP dissident, is leading from Dehra.
- On the other side, Ashish Kumar, a Congress rebel, is leading from Hamirpur.
— News24 (@news24tvchannel) December 8, 2022
According to News-24 and Today’s Chanakya exit polls in Himachal Pradesh, the BJP and the Congress are in a close race. The BJP and Congress were expected to win 33-33 seats in Devbhoomi. While the Aam Aadmi Party appears to have a long wait in the exit polls. On November 12, there was only one phase of voting. The people of the state voted by pressing the EVM button to determine the fate of their leader.
Stay tuned with News24online.com for Himachal Election Result 2022 LIVE: